19 Apr 2012

IRAQI BOY IN AN ORPHANAGE DREW HIS MOTHER AND SLEPT IN HER ARMS





Alone



From childhood's hour I have not been

As others were; I have not seen

As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.

From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow; I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone;


And all I loved, I loved alone.

Edgar Allan Poe




IRAQI BOY IN AN ORPHANAGE DREW HIS MOTHER AND SLEPT IN HER ARMS



WAR ON COMPASSION


Why do government elites indicate that they have, 
for example,no money to fight child poverty, 
worsening homeless,

and a profound health crises on aboriginal reservations,
but claim to have billions of dollars to 
fight apparently senseless wars ?


What is the apparent cold calculating consciousness, 
that as human beings,we may have observed on TV newscasts, that reduces human casualties
of wars from innocent civilians to soldiers as being,
the “necessary 4price of freedom” ?



No comments:

Post a Comment